Here at Nominal, we have a phenomenal rust-and-tarnish-free guarantee for all of our pieces! If any of the jewelry tends to fade or lose color, we will replace it for you right away, even if you wore it in the shower for a month straight! That's right, we've tested our jewelry by submerging it underwater for a month, and no color was lost.
This doesn't mean that you can be careless with your beloved pieces, though. So let's discuss a few pieces of advice to take care of your jewelry to make sure it is always looking its best!
1. Gently clean the pendant and the chain with a soft cloth after taking it off or before putting it on. We even provide a Nominal Microfiber cloth for you in every order! Doing this helps prevent any dust accumulating on the pendant chain, and will keep its shine at its brightest! As stated above, this jewelry is fine to go around water, so if it needs a little more cleaning than just a cloth, feel free to wipe it down with a moderate amount of warm water!
2. Avoid sweat, perfume, chlorine, lotions, and oil. Even though our necklaces our rust-and-tarnish-free, some of these chemicals can cause a gold-plated piece to lose some of its color and sheen, so wear the jewelry after spraying your favorite perfume or applying your lotion, and take it off before any physical exercise or the pool to make sure it lasts as long as possible!
3. Store your jewelry in its own box or in a soft cloth. Whether you decide to keep the gift box that our jewelry comes in, or use the Nominal Microfiber cloth to wrap your jewelry, keeping the piece safe when it's not in use is a great idea. This keeps it away from scratching against other objects, and any potential accidents
4. Lock the clasp together when not in use. Keeping the chain locked together, as if it is being worn, will help the chain avoid potential tangles which could damage the chain. Lock the clasp together when you store your jewelry away and we hope it proves to be a good habit to get into!
5. While we hope you love your jewelry with all your heart, try avoiding wearing it in your sleep. With all the movement that can happen in sleep, jewelry like necklaces and bracelets can get tangled together and accidentally damage the chain or scratch the pendant. Take care of it by removing it before bed!
We hope these 5 pieces of advice help you keep your Nominal jewelry in the best possible condition, and if you ever have any issues with your pieces, please reach out to us! We would love to help and get you taken care of.